We learned a lot from our first marathon. Check out the full details in our blog post here.
Here are the "pro tips" that we have to offer you...
- Hydrate with electrolytes and fuel up the night before
- Listen to the websites and advice on not setting a time goal for your first marathon. Just be happy to finish.
- Show up EARLY. Earlier than you’re usual early. Like 3:30-4 AM
- Expect to walk 1-2 miles to start line
- Rest up the day or two before – don’t fall into the trap of walking around the parks and tiring out your feet before you get started
- Be prepared for lots of street/highway running
- Don’t try to run fast the first mile or two. I takes a while for the crowd to thing out and stressing about it too much will throw off your pace
- Decide if you want to run for fun or for time. There’s a lot of great opportunities for character pictures and group fun if you’re not worried about reaching a specific time